Job Title: Furniture Fabricator
Employer: Via Design and CLEO
Benefits: Full time, 8 to 5. Excellent benefits including healthcare with HSA, 401k matching, 3 weeks of paid time off, life insurance, disability insurance, cell phone plan, and more.
Summary: This is a fun and flexible position with lots of responsibility and considerable career advancement opportunity as the company grows and expands. Via Design is an established Architectural and Design firm, well established in Western Michigan. CLEO is a 6-year-old business unit, with huge growth potential, in a dynamic market. Ideal candidate is a “jack-of-all-trades” able to utilize skills with a broad range of tasks, with flexibility to manage an ever-changing fast paced work environment.
- Efficiently assemble CLEO cabinets and furniture according to recommended procedures
- Correctly operate a variety of trade tools: cordless drills, screwdrivers, table saw, miter saw
- Maintain and operate automatic Homag edge bander
- Measure and cut materials
- Read and work from technical drawings, diagrams, and blueprints
- Planning and scheduling of manufacturing priorities and projects
- Package and palletize furniture and cabinets according to recommended best practices
- Oversee the freight in and out of both CLEO and Via Design inventory
- Continuously improve the manufacturing processes
- Conscientiously ensure quality of product
- Occasional interaction with customers
- Measure with calipers, tape measure, with understanding of fractional and decimal measurements
- Organize and oversee the Via Design warehouse
- Assist in managing the landlord building responsibilities of 505 Ball with 3 tenants.
- Maintain, operate, repair the automated machine edge bander
- Oversee and manage WireTray and CLEO parts inventory
- Package and ship WireTray orders
- Manage part time help in furniture and cabinet assembly
- Read and comprehend technical drawings
- Occasional field installation and repair
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Craftsman, mechanically inclined, detail oriented.
- Ability to problem solve
- Utilize PC or Mac for emails, light excel usage, and PDF drawing view and print
- Ability to lift 100 pounds
- Able to work on feet most of day
- Valid driver’s license
- Print reading
- Basic mathematical skills
- Basic computer skills
Education or Experience:
- Possesses a minimum of 3 years’ experience in manufacturing or furniture making
- GED, High School Diploma or Associate’s degree
Via Design and CLEO are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Additionally, all potential candidates must fill out an application for employment using the following link: Via Employment Application